Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, September 28, 2015

In fighting Jonathan Papelbon, Bryce Harper seals his future with the Yankees

Earth was stunned yesterday - (that's nothing, Mars wets itself) - when Jonathan Papelbon tried to throttle Bryce Harper in the Washington Nationals dugout, apparently after Harper pulled a Robbie Cano on the base paths.

It's official. Harper is going to be a Yankee.

The Steinbrenners should retire his number 34 right now, in anticipation of his arrival.

The guy hates Papelbon. That's good enough for me. He's a future Yankee.

Harper, age 22, may win the NL Triple Crown. In 2017, he becomes arbitration-eligible. The Nats aren't going to want to pay him. Besides, two years later, he's a free agent. He'll go on the market at age 26. The Nats still won't have won anything. (Quite possibly, neither will we.) But A-Rod, Tex, CC, Beltran and even Stephen Drew will be off the books. By then, Harper will have outgrown his Justin Beiber potty-training phase. He'll be hungry for a ring.

It's well known that Harper grew up a huge Yankees fan - (who else do you root for in Las Vegas, other than the team that the oddsmakers always like?) He recently tweeted that Yogi Berra was one of his all-time heroes. If we sign him for 10 years, he'll still be younger than Beltran was when we gave him a three-year deal.

Write this down. Here's the 2019 Yankees lineup:

ss Jorge Matos
lf Jacoby Ellsbury
cf Bryce Harper
rf Aaron Judge
1b Greg Bird
 c Gary Sanchez
dh Jesus Montero
3b Yangervis Solarte
2b Dustin Pedroia

Read it and weep.

2 comments:

Rufus T. Firefly said...

God no!

I was with you until you until you hit the bottom of the lineup.

However...
anyone that hates papsmearbum is OK in my book.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.