Sunday, March 17, 2019

DOOM & GLOOM



It is already one of those wasted seasons:

Hicks - new contract, but back like Mattingly.  Out.

Severino - new contract, but arm like Tommy John.  Out.

Florial - best spring of any Yankee. Broken wrist like Tino. Out.

Didi - in recovery room.  Return and "baseball ready" date uncertain.  Out.

Montgomery - entering second consecutive lost season.  Out.

Tuto - you really think this " roll of the dice" is going to work, unscathed? ( still in )


Can we get Jace Petersen back?

-   If Stanton plays left field, it will be like defending a huge terrain with a walrus.  If the ball isn't hit right to the man, it is double or triple.   And what we get on the offense from him is a new record for strikeouts in a single season.

-  If Gardy plays center he'll be great for 45 days ,and then break down.

-  Clint ( not red thunder ) will hit .220 in Scranton.

Whichever player is trending toward a career year , will get blown up.
It is a push to even think this team makes the wild card play-in game.

Because these disasters are striking at the heart;

-  Our best pitcher; our best CF; our best prospect. Our hope.

I think the gods have decided to show Hal ( I am not cheap ) that his "head in the financial sand" approach, for the greatest franchise in the game, is sinful.

Swim on.  But this is a season of disappointment and sorrow.
Now and forever, until October gently removes all possibilities.

The season hasn't even started and I need a vacation.



8 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Word.



Fuckers.

Joe of AZ said...

Here fucking here :(.

Motto for 2019

"TOAST"

HoraceClarke66 said...

Amen, Swannie.

This is why you build in redundancy in baseball. This is why when everybody was gaping and gawking about our "SEVEN STARTING PITCHERS!" we who actually follow the game knew we would be lucky to have three still viable by the postseason. (As it happened that year, we didn't. When David Wells told Mel Stottlemyre he couldn't go after one inning in Miami, our bird was cooked.)

This is why you build a great farm system AND sign free-agent superstars, especially if they're young. This is why you keep grabbing arms, whenever you can. This is why you don't just release players (a favorite Coops move) but trade them, if only for lottery tickets or low draft picks.

This is why to excel at being a baseball executive, just like everything else, you must pay attention to the past and learn from it.

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...


I actually thought everyone knew the basics, like "you can't have too much pitching."

About team depth (farm system), there is this -- from Casey Stengel -- from a book titled "Bottom of the Ninth" --

All of the many injuries the team suffered in his first season "was one of the luckiest breaks I ever got as a manager. Every time one of my front players got hurt I noticed the feller I stuck in his place would bust out with hits all over the place.

"Then just about the time he started to peter out he'd obligingly step in a hole or something and another guy, rarin' to go, would take over.

"From then on, I decided I never again would count (on) one player taking care of one position for an entire season."

I believe he's talking about 1949. This lesson is freaking OLD!

Joe of AZ said...

Does anyone know if ICS(anchez) has any options left. That fat fuck needs to go back AAA and refocus

Anonymous said...

....AND IT ALWAYS SEEMS LIKE NOBODY IMPORTANT GETS HURT ON BOSTON DURING SPRING TRAINING....

SEEMS LIKE NEVER.

UN.

FUCKING.

BELIEVABLE.

THIS SHIT IS HAPPENING TO US EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

JM said...

We're doomed.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.