Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Was No One Watching?

Yesterday, we saw the worst outfield performance since that guy ran into, and through, the wall
in " The Natural."

Clint Frazier, formerly Red Thunder, and today more aptly named Red Menace, showed how not to play right field.

He is better off with his hand in a bag of chips than in a glove:







Today, we read of the heroics from Gio, Maybin and LeMAHIUE...and rightly so.  But the anti-heroics of Clint Frazier were partly responsible for their need.

Seriously, he looked like a near-sighted professor out there in right field last night.

He failed to cut off a single ( which became a double ) by taking a terrible angle on a ball hit in the gap.  We have seen this before.

He froze on a fly ball between him and Brett Gardner, and watched it drop between them for another double.  Most of us last experienced this in 8th grade.,

He then dropped a lollipop by letting the ball hit the outside of his glove, rather than the inside.  Those who played in HS and beyond didn't do this.

Tanaka almost had a heart attack, as he watched his own fine work ( though a struggle )  likely go up in red smoke.

These were incomprehensible plays.  They just can't happen in the major leagues.

I do wonder why he was playing in right field and Maybin in left.  Maybin had, a few days earlier, made the " catch of the year " in right field, and Clint certainly has booked more time in left.

Nonetheless, I wonder if Clint deserves any time at all in the outfield.  He is looking like Chuck Knoblach at second base.  Only Clint's weakness is more catching than throwing.

The Yankees have to let him grow his hair again, or send him to Charleston where the River Dogs can teach him how to play the outfield.

I am seriously concerned that this is not a fluke.






4 comments:

JM said...

Nothing matters until it matters. Last night, it almost mattered.

I blame the rain.

Troy R. said...

What about the two balls he muffed ... uh ... missed in left field before his stint on the IL? After that night, Boone had him DH'ing. Now with Andujar back, we can't hide Clint at DH.

It wasn't raining the last 4-5 balls he misplayed in LF. At minimum, it's very concerning.

John Keck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.