Sunday, December 19, 2021

Lockout Theatre: PLAYGIRL KILLER (1965)

Billed as Canada's first color horror movie, yet never released in America. (Cronenberg was just a kid.) 

Struggling artist William Kirwin cannot make his models keep still, so he does what anybody would do: He kills 'em and freezes the bodies. 

I mean, it's art, right?  

Described as "inept hilarity," this flick during the 1980s grew a following on late night TV. A highlight: Neil Sedaka sings "If You Don't Wanna, You Don't Hafta."

Worth the price of staying up.  

3 comments:

AboveAverage said...

I am at a loss . . . Cronenberg was a kid? I was told he was born into this world as a 23 year old. Oh well - there goes everything that I believed in film school. And Law school. And Med school. I need to get some air. Everything is spinning. Canada? Its really cold up there. I like things warm. Where are my Yankees? Bernie Williams . . . . can you help me? Better drink a beer.

AboveAverage said...

Also - where's Batman the Movie? I thought it was under my bed - but someone stole it - took it away. One day I hope that I can raise my head again and be proud to be a Yankees fan. Until then I will focus the majority of my attention to locating Batman the Movie - where we are reminded that Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb.

JM said...

The bomb scene will live on as a milestone of cinematic achievement for centuries.