Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Apologies to Barry McGuire... Sing along to EVE OF CHRISTMAS


The Fox News tree, it is explodin.'
Tucker flairin’, Trump unloadin,’
They re-write laws just to keep us all from votin,’
You don't believe in science, but what’s that phone you’re totin?'
They say even the Jordan River’s got ballots floatin,’
But you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
How you don't believe we're on the eve...
     of Christmas…

#

Yeah, Bitcoin’s so high, I feel like celebratin’
I’m sitting here, self-vaccinatin.'
Podcast experts say we don’t need no protectin’
Handful of senators selling ivermectin,
Stockings hung with care, they bring no inspiration.
Bags full of goodies priced high from inflation,
This holiday scene is just too frustratin,’
And you tell me over and over and over again my friend

Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve...
of Christmas

 #

See this air fryer? It was made in Red China.
I bought it in a CVS in Selma, Alabama.
Jeff Bezos may go up for three hours in space
But when tax time comes, he won’t pay a trace,
The wavin’ of the guns, the playin’ to the base,

Meet your next baby-sitter, and hope it’s not Matt Gaetz.

And you tell me over and over and over and over again my friend,
You don’t believe we’re on the eve...
of Christmas.

17 comments:

DickAllen said...


Brilliant.

I bow in supplication to your genius.

Doug K. said...

A holiday treat! Now serve me up a bowl of Eve Plumb Pudding.

el duque said...

I'll give $10 to anyone who wants to record it on Kareoke.

Carl J. Weitz said...

One of your all-time best, Duque!

Carl J. Weitz said...

Doug K...wouldn't you prefer a bowl of that 17 year old British Bird Eva Hickey?"

HoraceClarke66 said...

I am absolutely stunned, Duque. You have outdone yourself. Brilliant!

The Archangel said...

All this needed was a reference to the Coumo brothers

The Archangel said...

Cuomo? it's 5:25AM and I haven't finished my first cup of Jo yet.

See I told you that I always look here first every morning.

Dantes said...

That’s gotta be the post of the year right there

The Archangel said...

If only El Duque took that genius and used it for good.

Like world peace, a cure for cancer or the development of the best hot dog on the planet.

JM said...

And so this is Christmas, and what have you done?
A parody of Barry
A ring we haven't won

Sorry, John, I couldn't help meself.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

WOWOW> absolutely BRILLIANT El Duque, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13bit said...

I will take you up on that ten dollar offer if you can find the karaoke track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdWGp3HQVjU

Archangel, he IS using it for good - we are just too human and narrowly focused to see the bigger picture.

If Cash plays 4-dimensional chess, Duque plays intergalactic scrabble-opoly

el duque said...

If anybody records a kareoki version, I will post it.

Stang said...

This is great.

The Archangel said...

13bit,
I know that he IS using it for good, but I still want him to work on that wiener.

Think of how great one would be while we sing this little ditty.

BTR999 said...

That was really well done. A big tip o’ the cap to you my friend. May your holidays be happy ones!