They scored nine runs, behind four HRs, including a grand slam that turned a game into a laugher, where both teams - and the YES barkers - yearned for an off-switch.
Soon - maybe by 2030, the doomsayers insist? - our A.I. robot overlords might decide to irradicate this planet's main problem: Humanity. If so, I will blame Yankee Classics culled from 2026 as the final straw that prompts Skynet to no longer see us as adorable house pets, remembered for Post-It notes and Hello Kitty. Nope. Watching another year go down the drain, enroute to another Dodgers' championship - that would have me declaring war on this babbling civilization of meat puppets. I'm sure Claude will agree.
So, last night we watched Gerrit Cole, Paul Blackburn, Brent Headrick and David Bednar - Boonie's entire Circle of Trust - give Tampa a chance to see what they might face in two weeks, if the Yankees survive Boston. In more believable realities, teams that have clinched an October don't give their future rival a long look at what's coming. Not the Yankees. Not the Mind-Master Boone. We used them all in a nine-run blowout.
Okay, I get it that the Yankees had to pitch someone. I also understand that Cole needs work, as he will probably start Game Two against Boston. Still, what was the point of using the entire bullpen? It's time for Elmer Rodriguez and Carlos LaGrange. If Angel Chivilli can lift an elbow, give him some snaps from center.
I'm sorry. I'm not myself. I'm an NYC TradFan - Yanks and Giants- and our world this week has been rocked by the injuries to Aaron Judge and Jaxson Dart.
If you don't see this as a bad omen - a sign of the looming Yankeapocalypse - then you should tear the foam insulation stuffing out of your lucky mattress. The Yankees could be done by this time next week. And the Giants already look headed to the glue factory. I suppose we have the Bills? But what about MLB? Should we adopt a second team? It's gonna rain all weekend. A nor-easter in October? WTF? How does anybody feel hopeful?
8 comments:
MY lucky mattress - and I should off the last "S" for savings - is a bed of nails. And how do I feel hopeful? I just talk to my dog and that helps, but it's true, hope is in short supply these days. I have close to zero for change in the Yankiverse. Other things, I don't know, but not for the Yankees, not as long as Hal sits on the toilet throne.
The point was to make sure that the Battlin' Bronx Bastards lose to the Tampons, just in case they make it past the Red Sux. Wow, fucking Tampa switching starters, swapping out the substitute to their subsitutue. Hell, they didn't want the Yankees to see fucking Freddy Peralta. And the Yankees are displaying their entire fucking bullpen to them. Kevin Cash is going "thank you, thank you, thank you, losers!"
The Boone-Bone's connected to the
Dumb-Bone, and
The Dumb-Bone's connected to the
Boone-Boone, and
The Boone-Bone's connected to the
Dumb-Boone, and
I hear the Word of the Hal!
Picture this:
Weekend series that means nothing to the Yankees, but could to the Zeer-Os. MLB will not allow rain outs due to playoff implications.
Forced to play in a downpour. Bonehead decides to NOT rest starters. 🏥🩼👨🦽
Hannibal Smith: I love it when a plan comes together.
Duque - It's not a bad omen. They are bad teams.
For it to be a bad omen there had to be an expectation that there was something you thought was going happen and now, "uh oh, this isn't shaping up the way it did in my mind."
The Yankees were toast the SECOND they said, "We're going to run it back."
So, since there was no way in hell they were going to win this year, Judge's injury is a good omen. What we thought would happen , did! They are getting bounced. Early.
Dart was always going to get hurt and the Giants were not going to make the playoffs. It might have been nice for him have lasted, I don't know, at least a single game... a single quarter... at least a single series of downs but he was going to go down.
What's stunning was that it was in the pocket as opposed to some hubristic
act but down he was going.
Bloody brilliant, Duque! Truly.
And sorry about the Giants. But I'm afraid that Doug K. is right. Dart was going to get hurt, and hurt bad, sooner or later. Really, the Giants should draft a quarterback for next year.
But yeah, the older one gets, the more annoying it is that teams are just mailing in another season. How difficult could it have been for the Giants to come up with a young back-up who at least had some potential? How difficult could it have been for the Yankees to have a back-up outfielder better than the Heliot?
And how insane was it to release Cabrera with their infield melting down?
This $12 billion monolith could at least do the basics for the arm-and-a-leg they charge everybody.
Could be worse...you could have $2B of players and have a fly ball drop in...
Hoss - Thanks.
With Dart and especially with Andrew Thomas it's like Stanton. It's never going to be if, only a matter of when.
Mitchell Robinson is another guy like that. All you could do is hope it times out right and for last year's Knicks it did!
But, when they didn't re-sign him I understood.
Post a Comment