Thursday, October 13, 2011

No thanks

One of the best things we did in the 2000s decade was avoid Manny Ramirez, when he blathered about becoming a Yankee, merely because he couldn't stand another moment in the hellhole that is Boston.

Yankee Wade Boggs was a wash, and Roger Clemens an embarrassment. The lone Redsock star to shine for us was Johnny Damon - whom we let go for reasons I still cannot understand. (If Johnny was with us last week, I cannot help but think we would not have stranded all those baserunners.)

No Papi. No way. If he wants to hurt Boston - and let's all applaud him for that - he needs to do it somewhere else. Tampa, maybe. Or the Mets. I don't care. Not us. Nope. No way.

3 comments:

bennyboy said...

I'd only sign him if he gives whatever the hell he's been taking to Alex Rodriguez. Is it stem cells from Ted Williams' head? Is it HGH? Is it the blood of human fetus'? I don't care.

If he can give the Elixir of Youth and Talent to A-Rod, he can come on board.

bennyboy said...

P.S. Many thanks to Duque for making a Ted Williams joke earlier in the week. It brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face.

Ghost of the "Boss" said...

I think we should do a Butch Hobson on this guy.