Sunday, July 25, 2010

Letter to the Editor: "The greatest sports figure of all time..."

Orlando Sentinel (Florida)

July 18, 2010 Sunday

The New York Yankees are not only one of my favorite Major League Baseball teams, but they are also a favorite of my mother, as well as my aunts, uncles and friends who live in the New York City area.



George Steinbrenner helped reshape the Yankees by giving them good players, such as Don Mattingly, Dave Winfield, Andy Pettitte, Derek Jeter, Hideki Matsui, and Alex Rodríguez. They won seven World Series titles under Steinbrenner, although they struggled during the 1980s and early 1990s. They're still the greatest pro sports team in the world.


My family, friends and I are going to miss Steinbrenner, but I know that his two sons still control the Yankees, and they will still be a great Major League team under them.


Steinbrenner was not only the greatest pro sports team owner of all time, but also the greatest sports figure of all time.


Paul Bacon
Hallandale Beach

1 comment:

Joe De Pastry said...

He left out Ed Whitson and Dave Collins.