Sunday, July 18, 2010

Letter to the Editor: "I do thank him for leaving us without sex and sex-mails..."


Tallahassee Democrat (Florida)

July 16, 2010 Friday

Dear Editor:

I don't watch a lot of baseball. What I know about owners and players I know from my son and husband. One reason I like the game is that the stands are one of the few places where everyone is equal. You can be a doctor, lawyer or chief, and if your son or daughter is on the team, they count - you don't.

New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner died this week, and even though I never paid much attention to him, I do thank him for leaving us without sex and sex e-mails and sex phone calls and nasty sex trysts uncovered. He was loved and he was hated, and not much in between.

I love him for not leaving a mountain of trash we would have had to listen to for days on end. And for leaving his smile. His pictures are full of his smiles and the good memories, as it should be. He will be missed.


LYDIA GIORDANO

No comments: