Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Spanish Ladies React !

As Sonny Gray kept walking guys early in the third inning yesterday, and as I noted his inability to throw a first pitch strike, I used my international " burner" to phone one of my Spanish Lady contacts, and see if they even watched Yankee games, any longer.



" Yesterday, we all dressed up for the game.  We watched it in a tapas bar, having to fight the patrons to do so, as Spain was playing the Malidives in the new European soccer tournament."

Luckily, Spain was already ahead by 6 goals and all the bench players were being inserted into the game   So there was no ruckus.

I inquired:  Are you still Yankee fans?

They responded;  "It is hard to be fans of a .500 team.  We are Spanish.  We have pride!  We support winners.  And that Boone person seems cauterized and banal, like the coach of the Spanish national team we recently fired for ineffective.....well...everything."

And what was your response when the score became 10-1 , Twins?

"We put on our costumes, had some sangria, and danced.  In Spain, dancing is joyous.  It is distracting.  All our pain and suffering is forgotten while we dance.  You should come join us."



I think it is time to book the tickets.

It is better to dance than to be tread upon.


5 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Hilarious. Ladies of Spain, I adore them.

Retired Stratman said...

Weird to see that tune written in melodic minor - is that the original version?

I prefer this version, as it captures my feeling about the Yanks’ chances in the post season quite well: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpmv_zOa0k

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Spain.
But I kinda like the music.

BTW For those who don't know, the song is credited to Elvis despite Hoyt Axton writing the words and the music. I'm not sure what's left. Maybe the catering.

Doug K.

JM said...

And in other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Like our pitching staff.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.