Friday, August 25, 2023

What I learned


 I would like to say thanks to all the IIH bloggers who made it to the " stadium re-union" and Yankee festival.

My elementary school grammar teacher would give you all an "A" for the sentence structure of your message.   Even the detail of getting the comma right. 

It is also a strange, but positive irony, that the IIHIIFIIc logo was honored on. the big board. I mean, if Hal or Brian is aware of our content and focus, I doubt that they would want us in their circle of recognition. 

Please accept my apologies for being absent. I am on the west coast and, as a further complication, my wife and I were traveling to Vancouver to consume Chinese food. Not a bad " plan B," but nonetheless an absence. 

It is also clear to me, by gazing at the group photo ( and card section ), that I am the oldest of this tribe. By about a decade I would guess. Nonetheless, if this event is repeated ( which everyone will support ), I will try to make it next year. 

But I can no longer navigate the nosebleed sections of the stadium with confidence. So if the tickets happen to be " up there",  I'll remain in the bar on 161st street and cheer from there. 

I think of you all as friends.  More as people who have gone to war together. And who intend to keep the bullets flying. 

I need one more run at the title. We all do. 

Well done.

5 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

It was very Vancouver-like weather. You were missed.

13bit said...

We can make it happen next year, Alphonso. Trust me. I’m a fellow Yonkers native.

And do you know what that’s worth…

Stang said...

Fonz, I'll sit in the 161st St. bar with you the whole game.

Carl J. Weitz said...

I wouldn't mind boycotting Hal's profit machine and gathering at a watering hole instead of Yankee Stadium. I think a few years ago, that almost happened until Covid hit. Perhaps we can do it next year. Maybe adding some sort of buffet at the bar. Like the Yankees post-game players feast.

The Hammer of God said...

"if Hal or Brian is aware of our content and focus, I doubt that they would want us in their circle of recognition."

Alphonso, if HAL or Cashman knew about us, we'd be arrested, tortured, and burned at the stake for heresy.