So Cashman's left us bound and gagged
And he's chained us to a chair
Won't you please turn off Chicago
So I can save my mind?
For a team that's known for winning
How can such a thing be fair?
Won't you please turn off Chicago
Before it leaves us blind?
We can change this team
Rearrange this team
It's dying
To get better
(Can't get any worse...)
Aaron Boone sit yourself down
There's nothing for you here
Won't you please just leave Chicago?
No, we're not being snide
Don't ask Hal to help us
Cause he'll turn the other ear
Won't you please just leave Chicago or join the other side?
(We can change)
Yes, we can change the game
(Or at least the channel)
Rearrange the game
(It's dying)
And if you believe in baseball
(It's dying)
Play the game like you've got half a brain
(It's dying)
Analytics who needs them?
Throw 'em out the door!
Somehow the Yankees must be freed
I hope the day comes soon
Won't you please turn off Chicago?
I can't find the channel anyway
From the back of the bullpen
To the lumps sitting on the bench
Won't you please just leave Chicago?
And rejoin the human race.
We can't find the game
(Believe me, you don't want to)
We can't stand the game
(When we do find it)
If you believe in greatness
(It's dying)
If you believe in more than money
(Not Hal or Pal)
Analytics, who needs 'em?
Throw 'em out the door.
With apologies to Graham Nash.
2 comments:
I love our occasional post game thread dances, Hoss :)
Great post too - I danced with my animals as I sang it out loud not to the open window in my office.
Glad JM will be Joining us today.
Haven't seen KEVIN for a while.
And for safety sake, would someone please turn Dookay over and wipe the, uh, the uhm, like you know...white'ish dribble-like substance off of his mouth please.
Thanks
Out of the open window....(thank you very much)
Post a Comment