Sunday, July 19, 2026

They could have been Teammates ∞ Game Thread – 07/19/26


 

21 comments:

The WinWarblist said...

It's going to be a long sad sports day.

Go Spain.

JM said...

I got it!

No, I got it!

No, you got it!

JM said...

Too many pitches. Cone has the correct reason, not using the curve.

JM said...

2-0, Schlittler will be gone next inning, in the fifth at best.

Looks like a loss in the making.

BTR999 said...

Losing this game was a foregone conclusion

Publius said...

Yamamoto against this lineup is unfair really. They don't have a chance.

These games are so revealing. Edman of course scores on the same play Grisham gets thrown out at home on; each ace is dealing but one lineup battles, fouls the ball off, drives up pitch count, exploits fatigue/mistakes while the other grounds out weakly and Ks on 3 pitches.

JM said...

Grisham!!

Publius said...

He trots well.

The Hammer of God said...

Well, that didn't take long. I think it's safe to draw a conclusion and tune out of this one.

JM said...

Cam not so cammish against these guys.

Was that hbp really a hbp? Looked like no on the replay. Turned into a run.

The Hammer of God said...

Did they challenge that? I missed it.

The Hammer of God said...

May I ask a pertinent question? How come fat barrel chested Max Muncy is a much better baserunner than Trent Grisham?

The Hammer of God said...

Well, we knew it coming into today. Was going to be a long day for us Yankee fans. So they'll conclude the formalities with this game. Then a massacre tonite, and it's curtains. The End. That's all, folks!

The WinWarblist said...

Now is a good time to go over to the World Cup final.

The WinWarblist said...

¿Y si sí?

JM said...

Cashman should have traded for Robin Byrd instead of Jake Bird.

The WinWarblist said...

¿Y si sí?

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Larry Bird would have been better

BTR999 said...

As irrelevant and forgettable as the Yankees were today, they still didn’t descend to the depths of the WC halftime show, although Madonna’s obvious lip-synching was good for a few laffs…

Rufus T. Firefly said...

You watched Madonna?

Emetic experts don't recommend doing that within 12 hrs. of mealtime.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

I wanted Argentina to win, but enough already declaring Messi the best ever.

I know it was a long time ago, but a guy named Edson Arantes do Nascimento was the cat's azz for several decades.