Dear Owner Hal, Manager Boonie, Captain Judge and team...
I hope you watched Saturday night when Jalen Brunson hosted SNL. He appeared in sketches, cracked jokes with fellow Knicks and even got to introduce Katseye. The crowd loved him. It's also worth noting that the last bigtime pro jock to host the show ended up bagging Taylor Swift. As the Scooter would say, not chopped liver.
So, our message, in an IIHIIFIIc nutshell:
It's nice to win a world championship in New York.
I'm not overselling this. If you can win, say, tonight and tomorrow, send Boston home to the nor'easter and head for Tampa - dengue fever capital of Florida and your home away from home - we'll start chanting "Yanks in five!" From there, who knows? Come Halloween, that could be you up there with Mayor Mamdani, the Mango and his Human Printer.
Beat Boston, and I guarantee you will be fondly remembered on this site. (Unless you crap the bed in Tampa.) Win a ring. Spring us from this doomscrolling prison. For a few weeks, let us forget the war, the price of gas, corruption, hurricanes, A.I., screw worms, ICE raids, data centers, Flock cameras, measles, Lake America, Putin, China, Musk, press bans, Canada, tariffs, airline pilots who are secret furries and the Epstein files.
Dear God, give us a jolly October, and when your flatbed passes on the Canyon of Heroes, we will scream your names and fling confetti unto the cosmos.
Give us a joyous October - a month for respite - and the greatest city in the world, home to the greatest fan base in the world... it will all be yours. Yours! YOURS!
And maybe Katseye, too!


11 comments:
Beautifully said, O Peerless!
I said Yanks in three. But lose tonight, and well, I’m not so sure.
Aaron Judge not on Yankees' roster for ALWCS, source confirmed to ESPN
"we'll start chanting "Yanks in five!""
I'd settle for "Yanks fire two!'
What can motivate these guys? That I ask you.
They better win tonite. I think the winner of Game 1 will sweep.
BTW did ya'll check out the Monday Night Football game last nite? ALL of the so-called experts predicted Seattle Seahawks over the Chicago Bears. I'm not aware of any expert who predicted a Bears win. Yet, that's what happened, a Bears win. And it wasn't even much of a contest, either. That shows you how much the so-called experts know. They know NOTHING, NUTHIN', NADA, ZILCH, LESS THAN ZERO.
If the Yankees get too amped up to beat Boston, and then do, they will inevitably be drained and will fall to the Rays (not that they wouldn't, anyway, but still). But if the Yankees don't get really amped up to beat Boston, they won't beat Boston. And if the Yankees get amped up just enough to beat Boston and somewhere beat the Rays, they will definitely be emotionally and psychologically drained because that would be their World Series--just beating the Rays. But then they would have to play Cleveland/Houston/Chicago, and Houston especially is historically nasty, no matter how crappy their record was. So if the Yankees amp up and beat the Rays and then have to play the Asswipes, they may not have enough left to get amped up to beat them, even if they use a Marshall stack.
Of course, if they get past the Red Sox and have the wherewithal to get past the Rays and still are able to muster a spark or two to beat C/H/C, there's the buzzsaw awaiting them from the National League. Any team there that makes it to the World Series will clean our clocks, which will be out of any amplitude whatsoever and barely able to record the official time of our early exit.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is, we may well get past Boston, but then...eek.
10 pitchers. Aaron Boone's managing the Yankees. If one or more of these games go to extras, turn off the TV, mute Dave and Suzyn...it's over
I do not understand why Ryan Weathers is not on the roster. Reports are that he's ready, all the way back.
They'll just have to call Nigel Tufnel for his custom made amp - it goes to ELEVEN!!!
Post a Comment