Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I've Changed My Mind


After meeting with the Board of Directors of the South Mexico Dirt Field League, and discussing our plans for off-season acquisitions in the Free Agent market, I settled at the local Cantina ( there is only the one ) for a few hours of serious drinking.

About 3:18 am, it suddenly came to me; the Yankees don't need CC Sabathia, AJ Burnett, Derek Lowe or some 12 year old Japanese lefty.

We have all the talent we need in our own system:

I say we go with Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy. Take a flyer. Go with youth, raised the Yankee way. Save our draft picks and money to fill in position players as the current roster ages, gets injured and falls by the wayside.

That's it. Come on Brian, wake up. Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes. Give it a shot. We can dominate with our own young arms.

I'm off to Vegas, baby. There is money to be made.

No comments: