Wednesday, December 24, 2008

" Twas The Night Before Christmas and IIH, IIF, IIc Is Not Asleep !


Between my troubles following the IIH,IIF,IIc Xmas celebration ( which havebeen visually documented by other members of the editorial board), a small financial issue with New York's own Bernie Madoff, and some heavily armed guys in Tex-Mex uniforms prowling around with search warrants in South Mexico, I have surface for a few seasonal remarks:

1. We need to give a shout out to El Duque who, single-handedly, pulled off the Teixeira swindle.

It was he, ( Duque ) who urged Brian Xmas Chanukah Cashman to pull the trigger, despite the economic meltdown, despite the $400 per seat tickets to the bleachers at the new digs, despite the nightclub self-shooting of Plaxico and his suitcase full of money at home, and despite the hated Red Sox and their penurious, short-sited evil owners and GM.

Duque raged and raged. And he did it with words, not his sword.

As a result, IIH,IIF,IIc has two victories so far in the "Hot Stove Season," and the Yankees have yet to make a bad deal.

Take a bow, Duque.

2. With the recent reminder that my opening day prognostications for the 2008 Yankee team proved relatively prescient ( not to mention accurate ), I pledge to return to Tampa for Spring Training in 2009 and to blog-report daily on what I see, do, and think.
I will aso go to a few Yankee games.

You'll all get my first day predictions again in 2009 and I intend to be all over the lot.
But one thing I'll tell you now; Ian Kennedy will not win a game as a Yankee before the All Star break.

3. I hope our editorial guys are not out of gas.
We still need a speedy, power hitting outfield...I have Tampa Bay in mind. We still need a .320 hitting catcher with power, youth and a great arm. Let's go get one. Hell, let's get two.

4. And Manny should be available to us whenever we need a big hit. Let's offer $100 million for one year. I'd use him as a pinch hitter for A-Rod in every big situation. Then, he can finish up the game at third. Picture that.

5. I recommend tequila as the drink of choice for this holiday season. A wassail bowl full of blue agave and well-seasoned worms, with Dos Equus chasers. Can anyone tell me why the worms have a strange affect on what my mind sees, especially when looking at mulit-colored blinking tree lights?

6. I sent Hank and Hal invitations to our New Year's Eve party at the Cantina, with a promise of unusual good times, a view of some of our better prospects, and a chance to play a few innings themselves.
7. A $1 Billion payroll is my goal for this Yankee team.
8. And to all....a great ( ok good ) night !!

2 comments:

Bostowned said...

Everytime another teams fans complain about the money that the Yanks are spending, I always say the same thing. "If your team could do it, they would."

I live in Ohio, these people hate the Yanks meanwhile they really should have Boston because Cleveland is like the Red Sox farm team.

People = schmuck-tastic. GO YANKS!!!!!!!

adam said...

I realize that you're being ridiculous, but honestly if we signed Manny right now, I'd quit liking this team. For all of the proper decisions made this off-season, Manny would be the biggest mistake possible right now (and it wouldn't have been prior to Tex)