Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Posted by Alphonso at 1:17 PM
This is the worst week of the year. Here are a few of the 1000 reasons:
1. There is no baseball
2. For Yankee fans, there is no baseball until Friday, for Cripes' sake.
3. The NBA has finished it's games until they start practicing again in about a week.
4. Same for the NHL
5. The World Cup is over.
6. The NFL doesn't start until July 21, and that is " media day."
7. Belmont finished its spring season this past weekend, and won't re-open until the Fall.
8. Saratoga doesn't start until Friday.
9. We are supposed to watch a bunch of clowns ruining their swings on Monday's HR contest?
10. No one cares about the game tonight nor the two day rest period, which follows.
11. The Yankees still have too much time to further erode our future, by trading prospects for faded glory.
12. No one is protesting in the streets to oust Cashman.
13. In the absence of games, we are given extra time to reflect on how badly the Yankees suck, and how bleak is the Yankees' future.
There is nothing to watch. I think even pretend wresting is on holiday. Do they have an all star fake match?
I walked into a bar today and Jeopardy was on TV.
I hate this week.
What are we supposed to do?