Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Excerpts from today's meeting between the Redsocks and George W. Bush

“Hey, Jason Varitek, have you starting thinking of what you’re going to buy with that $600 rebate?”
.
“As President, I felt I couldn’t take sides. But when I heard you guys won, I was really happy for Rudy.”
.
“Coco, listen. I want you to forget what the Blue Jays told you. Nobody wants to save the penguins more than I do.”
.

“Frankly, why did Roger even need a personal trainer? When Condi and I are on the Stairmaster, the last thing we want is some guy yelling at us.”
.

“I’ll take your ideas to the Postal Service, Manny. I honestly can’t say we’ve ever considered a commemorative stamp for Jenna Jamison.”
.

“I’ve seen Debbie Clemens’ picture, and let me tell you, that’s as close as Waxman’s ever going to get.”
.

“Yes, I'll grant you the link between securitization and the subprime crisis, and I’ll concede your point about over-exaggerated default risks to third-party investors, but for gosh sakes, Big Papi, calm down!”
.

“Stand back, guys, that’s not Don Zimmer! That’s Cheney, and he’s fixing to make a bull rush on Senator Kennedy!”
.

“So how did you like it when we unleashed those Lake Erie gnats on the Yankees? I’ll tell you, Chertoff worked late on that one.”
.

“Curt Schilling! They say you’re going to be sidelined until the all-star break. How would you like to be my War on Terror Czar?”
.

“I view waterboarding as a purpose pitch. You don’t hit 'em in the head. That just creates baserunners. You throw at the head, and make 'em think you're gonna hit 'em.”
.

“I tell you, the Africans are very appreciative about what we send. You should have seen how proud they are of their T-shirts. I didn’t have the heart to tell them the Rockies lost.”

.
“Jacoby Ellsbury! Twenty-four years old! When I was your age, we were embroiled a long, terrible war, and I was defending my country in the Texas Air National Guard. At least, that what they tell me. I don't remember.”

.

“Two World Championships! You guys... you’re my legacy!”

2 comments:

I'm Bill White said...

"Hey, Terry. I hear LaRussa's gonna have his pitcher bat 8th. I'm no NL guy, the Texas Rangers we're my team, but what's Tony got against the DH? Seems to me he's leaving runs on the table by letting his pitcher hit."

Anonymous said...

Wait, just how many grandmas does Manny have?