Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 4: Waiting for CC

CASHMAN: I think he likes me. I really do.
GIRARDI: Yes. We must stay hopeful.
CASHMAN: He had that whimsical look in his eye, that mad, carefree, impetuous grin -- the springy step of a garden imp. I tell you, he likes me. We have a thing.

(They wait 24 hours, signifying the passage of a day.)

CASHMAN: You couldn't laugh when he told that joke about the nun and costume party? You couldn't even smile?
GIRARDI: I'd heard the joke before.
CASHMAN: He was trying to be funny. But you couldn't even laugh.
GIRARDI: Stick Michael used to tell the joke.
CASHMAN: Then you turned down his wife's prune Danish.
GIRARDI: I'm trying to lose weight.
CASHMAN: Did you see the look on his face?
GIRARDI: Prunes upset my stomach.
CASHMAN: I hope 80 losses don't upset your stomach.

(A wind blows through the tree, causing both men to shudder.)

CASHMAN: I'm not sure he liked Reggie, but I know he liked me. He said so.
GIRARDI: We must not lose hope.
CASHMAN: It's a sad day when the U.S. dollar can't even buy you a pitcher from Milwaukee.
GIRARDI: We must keep up our spirits.
CASHMAN: I gotta go to the bathroom.
GIRARDI: Four slices of prune Danish will do that.

No comments: