Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Moving On From The Trash


Now that the Yankees are again baseball history, and of absolutely no interest to anyone, I thought I would entertain you with  an amusing tale from the real world of baseball.

1.  The Atlanta Braves seem to have the best pitching baseball has seen in years. Four of their first 5 playoff games were shut outs. They are now up 2-0 vs the dodgers, who rallied late to make game 2 seem close.  But it never was. A former Yankee failure ( Melancon ) is getting key outs for them.

2.  This is the real amusing story.  One of psychic retribution. The Altuve boy, who hit a walk-off HR vs. the failed Yankees last year ( though he knew the pitch ), sending us to the 2019 garbage dump, is being plagued by the spirits.

In game one ( could have been game 2 ) against the Rays, he helped the Astros to a 2-0 lead. 

Then, with their pitcher cruising along, a two out hard ground ball was hit to him.  Altuve, per command from the bench, was playing in short right center as part of a shift. He gobbled up the hard hit ball and fired to first.  Fired in the dirt to first.  The usually sure handed first baseman could not come up with the throw, and the runner was safe.  The inning extended. 

The next Tampa hitter either walked, or was hit by a pitch.  Two on.  Still two out.  The next Ray hit a three run dinger, and that was the ballgame. What should have been a 1,2,3 inning and a shut-out, was now a loss. 

In game three, the Astro starter was shutting Tampa down completely.  Altuve, in an attempt at retribution from his earlier game critical gaff, had launched a lead-off homer.  The  Astros led 2-0 and seemed untouchable.

Then the 6th inning happened. Altuve short-armed another throw from the shift and a Tampa runner reached on the error.  The manager, wisely, repositioned Altuve to the infield dirt to save him from this apparent mental stress. 

A double play ground ball made Altuve  take a step toward first to field the ball, and then he spun around and fired to second for the force out. Only his throw was about 10 feet short of the bag and went into left field.  He was showing signs of the " yips."

Tampa scorned five runs that inning.  That was the only inning in which they pushed across a run. Tampa is now up 3-0 and two of those losses trace directly to the Altuve. 

As a side-light, the Cheaters loaded the bases with one out in the ninth inning. Tying run at first, lead run at bat. Altuve up.  Another walk-off would erase all the tragedy. He got called out on a checked swing ( highly debatable ). Too bad....

It is now worth watching these games if only to see if  Altuve can handle any throws from second base.  Will he start throwing underhand?  

Or does the spirit of  Chuck Knoblach have him?

The highlight of the Yankee season. 



7 comments:

Publius said...

You can't predict baseball, Suzyn. Those fabulously pitching Braves have given up 12 earned in 2 inning of game 3.

TheWinWarblist said...

Oh I hope the Ghost of Knoblach Yipps chews his nose and eyebrows off.




Fuck you Altuve. Judge deserves your MVP.

TheWinWarblist said...

GO RAYS!!





FUCK YOU ALTUVE!!

ranger_lp said...

Maybe Altuve is "throwing" the NLCS...literally....

ranger_lp said...

Meant ALCS...

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...

LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever