Thursday, April 13, 2023

I was in the middle of Indiana yesterday...

...when I realized that my chosen route east was going to take me through the toxic wasteland formally known as Richmond, Indiana.


Quickly heading north I crossed into Ohio somewhere near the middle and, opening my MLB app, went in search of what time the Yankees were playing the Clev...

"Hey, wait a minute" I thought, or more likely said out loud. Driving thousands of miles alone will do that. " I'm in Ohio and it's a day game. I've always wanted to go to The Jake Progressive Field and see the Indians Guardians."

All I had to do was figure out what to do with my luggage. There's still enough NYer in me to understand that leaving a car full of valuables in a urban parking not is not a particularly good idea. 

I was about to give up, when my music thumb drive, containing a good 1000 songs and set to random, decided to play "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I shit you not...

Speaking of shit... Here's a photo of tee shirt from a place in Missouri. You can't believe how much mileage they get out of this concept. 


  

 

The place was packed. Yes, Uranus was packed. Sorry. I'll let you figure out what the liquor store was called. I'll give you a hint... it starts with Uranus and ends with Liquor. 

The Ozarks. 

But I digress. 

I still needed to find a place to store my luggage. 

What I ended up doing was going to a Best Western around 15 miles from the stadium and asking if they could put my bags behind the counter for 5-6 hours. While I didn't have a reservation there I am a Diamond Member of their rewards program. 

They said yes. (Which was very cool BTW.)

I got to the game on time but all of the parking garages were full and I had to park 10 blocks away and by the time I bought the ticket and got inside I missed Aaron Boone's melt down. Bummer. 


Still, I had a blast. It's a really nice place to see a ball game. I was in the lower deck, rightfield but not too far in right. $60 BTW. 

I brought my own food because a few day's earlier I was here...


Nice stadium. Great game. Knowledgeable fans. Their closer wears 99 and all I could think was...


"Throw him the heater Ricky."

And, just like during the regular season in, Major League... 

He blew the save. 

18 comments:

Joe of AZ said...

Welp .... we're done

Doug K. said...

Wow! This is unreal.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

We thought it was real… but Jhony proved to be a Phony. “OFF”

BernBabyBern said...

Jhony Burrito made us all want to vomit tonight.

Scottish Yankee fan said...


1am here

I start work in 6 1/2 hours so I'm off to bed as I fear this game can only get worse

Doug K. said...

I guess I picked the wrong day to post a happy story.

This is just horrible.


BTR999 said...

WTF HAPPENED? Just got in.

Looks like Brito was Shit-o tonight.

Doug, I guess I picked the wrong night to quit sniffing glue.

BTR999 said...

And we’re getting no hit.

Say, with all these rule changes, they didn’t slip a Mercy Rule in there did they?

JM said...

Looks like I picked a good night to watch old Brit cop shows.

Nice post, Doug. I cannot believe that t-shirt. Poop jokes. Well, like you said...the Ozarks.

ranger_lp said...

I don’t think this game will be a Yankee Classic…

JM said...

Unless they score 12 or 13 runs in the late innings.

JM said...

😂😂😂😂😂😂

TheWinWarblist said...

Just checked the game. Gaaaaahh ...

BTR999 said...

That game seemed to have zipped by after the first inning. That’s what happens when one team is coasting, and the other not even trying.

So what to do with Brito? Give him another start? Back to SWB? It’s not like we have any MLB ready starters there.

ranger_lp said...

Brito has been scouted and exposed. I don't what the answer is btr999...

HoraceClarke66 said...

Fun story, Doug!

So, Brito got beat. Of course they should give him another start. Probably another 4-5, at least. Hey, it's not Carlos "Multiple-Injury" Rodon is coming back anytime soon.

But yeah, not a good development.

The Archangel said...

One is left to conclude that Brito will be sent to Uranus and they will call up Matt Krook .
Or find someone who is unsigned or has a minor league opt-out who Cashman and Hal can sign for the MLB minimum salary with lots of "performance"salary boosts which will never vest because the guy won't last a month.

The Archangel said...

I forgot,. They stashed Ryan Weber in SWB.
Don't let that 0-2 record with a 9.26 ERA deflate you. Once he gets with the MLB coaching staff, he'll look like Bugs Bunny pitching to the team of bulldogs. I can't wait to see Weber having Rays corkscrewing themselves into the dirt with their vicious swings and misses.
That's All Folks!!