Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Spencer Jones says ∞ "He walks around like he has a vacuum on his hand."

 

 

 

26 comments:

The Hammer of God said...

Watched some highlights of Lombard. Clearly a better defender than Volpe.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Just made a nice play

AboveAverage said...

Time to sign Chisholm to a twelve year extension!

Rufus T. Firefly said...

With an opt out in 2 years so the brain can give him more money.

AboveAverage said...

Wow !!!!!

The Hammer of God said...

Lombard certainly has some good pop.

BTR999 said...

Lombard with a Bombard!

The Hammer of God said...

Amazing how one player can give the team a different feel. Lombard at SS, I mean. Maybe because SS is such a crucial position, middle of the infield, most difficult defensive position, next to C. The only position where the defender can turn frequent double plays. At the start of this game, there was already a feeling of the Yankees being a much better team. That's what I felt, anyway.

AboveAverage said...

Cardinal players have Ronald McDonald colors on

The Hammer of God said...

There was a spring training game this year with Weathers on the mound and Lombard playing, I think it was 3B, against the Mets. And Lombard hit a double off the left field wall. I thought the ball jumps off his bat. Good looking hitter.

The Hammer of God said...

Once again, the bastards are playing home run derby.

The Hammer of God said...

They've never heard of a single, sac fly, RBI groundout.

Pocono Steve said...

What kind of DP will Wells ground into?

Pocono Steve said...

Wells is a goddam uncle-fucker!

AboveAverage said...

Bed Narrrrrrr

ranger_lp said...

Pitching has been great…

ranger_lp said...

Yankees Win!!!

The Hammer of God said...

Hard to win when you get two solo homers and nothing else every night, but the pitching held the fort.

The Hammer of God said...

Lombard had an excellent game.

The Hammer of God said...

Ryan Weathers pitching better and better. I thought that was a really good trade. Liked it very much when we got him.

Pocono Steve said...

Woo hoo

The Hammer of God said...

That was one move by Dumbass Cashman that you have to give him credit for.

13bit said...

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all of the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend, and...

AboveAverage said...

Michael Cane
I just made this song about you
Michael Cane
I wish you were still acting
In Movies
Movies
Movies

HoraceClarke66 said...

Love me some Carly. And some Lombard!

The WinWarblist said...

George Lombard Jr can play shortstop.