Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hey, it's time to ponder a few deals the raidin'-tradin' Yankees should make this winter

Well, it's hot stove time! when all us bloggin' mokes fantasize deals the Yanks oughta make. So without further adieu, here's my suggested trades. And don't nobody tell me they're unrealistic! Cuz I ain't buyin' it.

OBTAIN: Pittsburgh RH starter AJ Burnett. (picture right, as AJ Brunette)
GIVE UP: Prospects Diego Moreno and Exicardo Cayones.

Burnett won 16 for the Pitiful Pirates, with an ERA of 3.51. But something tells me fair value would be to give up the rising stars Moreno (whereabouts unknown) and Cayones, who has the cayones to be a good OF, if he can hit .200. I miss those tatts. I miss those cream pies. I miss those black eyes. I say, CUT THE DEAL!

OBTAIN: Austin Jackson, Ian Kennedy and Phil Coke.
GIVE UP: Grandyman!

I know, I know, it's crazy to trade Grandy after his magical 43 HR season! But something tells me Jackson, Kennedy and Coke could help this team even more than the new "Swish" (Thanks, John D, for the line) . We'd have to finagle something with Arizona, maybe get them to throw in a few pitchers, but I say, CUT THE DEAL.

OBTAIN: Tyler Clippard.
GIVE UP: Jonathan Albaladejo

Hate to see Jessica go, and it might be hard to contact the Alba-tross in Japan, or Tunisia, or wherever he is, but a straight-up deal with the Nats would bring Tyler "The Yankee" Clippard to NY. I have a feeling he can pitch. I say, CUT THE DEAL.

3 comments:

JM said...

You know, if only our farm system was good enough to produce players like these, we'd be sitting pretty for the next 10 years.

Oh, wait a minute....

JM said...

p.s. I forgive the typo of John 'D' instead of M. The thoughtfulness counts more than the typing.

el duque said...

AHHHHHHHHHHGH.

SORRY JOHN M. I WAS PICTURING YOU AND TYPING SOMEONE ELSE. (Dillenger, I guess.)