Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heller's dinner inquisition of John Sterling

From Confessions of a She-Fan. Page 84.

Since he is an Important Personage in New York, we are led to the Post House's best table. Once we are seated, I remind myself that this occasion is a social get-together, and I rein in my impulse to grill him about the Yankees. Well, I do ask a few questions. He is very affable and charming and doesn't seem to mind.

"What if you have to go to the bathroom while you're on the air?" I ask...

OK, test your knowledge of Sterling.

What does John do?

1. He jokes, "You mean number one, or number two?"

2. He says he "hits the can," while Suzyn covers.

3. "That... 'Depends,'" he says, laughing delightfully at his wit.

4. He claims to hold it, regardless of pain, until the game ends.

5. He throws down his fork and storms from the restaurant, saying if he wanted an inquisition, he'd have eaten with Danielle Steele.

6. He leans across the table, gives her a long, wet kiss and says, "Enough bathroom talk. Let's try some bedroom talk."

OK, She-Fan, tell them the answer? Or do they have to buy it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

13 pages in 9 hours duque?

Anonymous said...

Rachel Woods Speed Reading Course.

Anonymous said...

#3 unless it's a #2.

Anonymous said...

OK. I get it. It's like a game show. I answer, and no one but duque will know if I'm lying. Answer is....#1.

Anonymous said...

That's not true folks.

The correct answer is...

He holds it until the end of the game. That would explain the abbreviated win-warbles after extra-inning affairs.

Anonymous said...

Rachel Woods can read???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.