Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Teix: An Academic All American Teammate


Mark Teixeira refers to a John Donne poem in a New York Times quote regarding his fellow Yankees standing by ARod & his hot pee. Somewhere in Annapolis, a High School English teacher is disgruntled no more.

“There’s no question I’ll be there,” said the Yankees’ new first baseman, Mark Teixeira...I’m going to open my arms for Alex and be there for him. He’s not on an island. A lot of people think this is going to tear the team apart. I think it’s going to bring the team together.”

I bet the only poem Ole Golden Thong knows starts out, "Hickory Dickory Dock, some chick was suckin' my $#$*..."

3 comments:

Stang said...

Stick a fork in Giambi, he's Donne.

Anonymous said...

$#$*. evokes a disturbing image, metaphorically speaking.

Or is it Metamorpho?

Tom....!

Wailin' Suzyn said...

Whitey, you a metaphobe?

Huh?! Are ya, punk?!

Come clean!