Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hey Abbott, who's in first?

We are?

Who do you mean?

No, they're in second.

I don't get it.

They're in fourth. Since whatshisname got hurt, they've had a rough time.

Wait a minute, wait a minute... when you say, we, I don't understand. Who do you mean?

Like I said, they're in second.

But who's in first?

We are.

But who are you referring to?

They're in third.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, lemmie figure this out. You're saying that WHO is in first, right?

No, we are.

OK, I give up. I quit. Lemmie ask something else... Who is on third?

Vernon Wells.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT. INSPIRED. DUQUESQUE.

Leinstery said...

I look forward to Vernon's moment at the All-Star game when he is the starting 3rd baseman and Verlander hands him the ball and pushes him towards the mound. Wells pitching, Verlander playing 3rd, what a moment.

Joe Girardi, winner of 500 fucking games as Yankee manager said...

Hmmm. This could solve my middle relief dilemma. Thanks, Leinstery.