Sunday, October 15, 2017

Some thoughts



Yesterday, before a pitch was thrown ( at 1:09 pm, pacific coast time) I sent the following text to El Duque and Mustang:

Alphonso:  " Here is my prediction for the Yankee's first at bat:  one weak pop out and two strike outs."

Reality:  Gardy and Judge ( of course ) struck out and Didi popped up to second base.

Alphonso :  at 3:39 pm, pacific coast time , I texted the following:  " We can't win a tie.  We have no hitters on this team.  But we are winning the strike out race.  The Yankees are setting records for the number of strikeout in playoff situations."

Post game:  Alphonso :  " Out of 27 at bats we struck out 13 times.  Do you know how boring and frustrating that is?  Can't we install an " automatic strike out," similar to the hand wave that delivers an automatic base on balls?  Think of the time it would save.  Yankee games would be shortened by about an hour and half."

Our 13 strike outs yesterday is similar to not having any at bats for 4 1/3 innings.  Let's just round it off and say: the Yankees will concede their at bats in 4 innings ( your choice ) of each game against the Astros.  Play on.

This diatribe goes to prove;

 You can predict baseball and you can shorten Yankee games.

3 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

I was on the "trade Judge now" bandwagon earlier this season, before ALL-CAPS sagely talked me off it.

I do worry with ALL-CAPS, too, that management is making him a worse hitter.

One thing Girardi needs to be doing is getting out there and chewing out the umps every time they call a terrible, outside strike on Judge. It's hard enough for this kid to learn the strike zone without him being regularly cheated. That is one thing a good manager does for his players.

Otherwise, we have to change our whole approach to hitting. This swing for the fences every time, all the way, is always going to get exposed in playoff ball, when you're facing a good pitcher nearly every night.

Alphonso said...

The umps are squeezing him more on pithes well below his knees. Because his knees are waist high on most players.

We need to use those auto-zone ball and strike things. Use the umps for other plays.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.