Monday, June 1, 2020

Virtual Baseball: Schmidt and Mitts Nip Seraphim. THE MASTER IN COMA!

Some nifty fielding today helped the Virtual New York Yankees to pull out a 7-4 win over the Angels Once Known As California Near Los Angeles By Anaheim, today.

Yankees rookie Clarke Schmidt pitched well enough over six inning to notch his second major-league win, and Mike Tauchman and Miguel Andujar homered for the visiting New Yorkers.  It also helped that Yankees pitchers intentionally walked Mike Trout every time they faced him, once even though it meant forcing in a run.

But the biggest factor in the game today was some nifty fielding, particularly by Gio Urshela, whose great grab of a hard smash down the third base line by Albert Pujols started a 5-2-3 triple play.  Andujar's laser-like throws from left also erased one of the Heavenly Host at home, and another at second base.

The win left the Pinstripers at 16-12 for the merry, merry month of May, and 38-22 overall—though still eight games behind the tepid Tampa Bay Rays.

Yet there was no joy in Yankeeville, after news arrived that beloved broadcaster John Sterling had been put into an induced coma, following his seven-hour long distance-impairment operation by Dr. Olu Bogadon, the distinguished brain surgeon of the internet.

"All we can do now is pray," Dr. Bogadon told reporters.  "And, of course, make propitiatory sacrifices to Baron Samedi and Maman Brigitte."

The extent of Sterling's coma is currently unknown, and will depend upon signs of improvement.  For the duration, Sterling, whose birth name was Ishke Bibble, will be cared for at the Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale.  The Hebrew Home for the Aged, caring for you in those senior moments, for over a hundred years.  Now under the management of Kars for Kids.



4 comments:

Iske Bibble said...



I have to know:

How many home runs does Miguel Andujar have in the virtual season to date?

He's a terrific player! Well, they all are Susan. There is something about the Yankee Uniform.

Iske Bibble said...

My mind is still active in the ether even in a coma

HoraceClarke66 said...

I'm not sure, but I think he's taken over the batting lead. And I believe the Yankees are now on a pace to hit 500 or so.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.