Sunday, August 9, 2026

GameThread – Schlittler √s Holmes – º8/º9/2º26

 
Hopeful that we'll see the, uh, like . . . you know - "Cam of Old" today
 

50 comments:

BTR999 said...

I see we’re sticking with our .210 batting leadoff hitter

AboveAverage said...

Incredible
Isn’t it

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Well, the bravos have weird Al pitching.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Posted this a few days ago, but it is still amazing to consider:

Stolen from the interwebs:

Trent Grisham when batting lead off this season:

.184/.294/.324 (.618 OPS)

CC Sabathia in 2008: .627 OPS

JM said...

Another pitcher's duel.

JM said...

My first reaction, too.

AboveAverage said...

They should be using real pistols

JM said...

And... can't get the guy in.

Hinkey Haines said...

Probably wise not to send him either time. Was hoping for a wild pitch since Ramos vs righty wasn’t a good bet…

Hinkey Haines said...

Dumbass.

JM said...

Jazz again. Stupid.

JM said...

Agreed.

AboveAverage said...

Allz it takes (sadly) is one run

Hinkey Haines said...

JM, of course I was referring to 50/50 man, not you…

Hinkey Haines said...

Garcia’s defense has been much better than I expected.

BTR999 said...

If Schlittler pitched for another team he’d have 15 wins

BTR999 said...

The seemingly unconcerned if they win or lose

Hinkey Haines said...

Grisham is the best lead off hitter in baseball.

JM said...

Ya gotta be shitting me.

ranger_lp said...

Grish!

JM said...

He does have a knack for the dramatic.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Grisham?? Grisham!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Paul O'Neill with the quote of the year of Grisham's HR: "It's kind of a relief." Uh, yeah, I guess so.

The Hammer of God said...

At least the bastards have got Schlittler off the hook for the loss.

ranger_lp said...

Poor Cam is staring at a third no decision in a row…

The Hammer of God said...

I guess Grisham is so bad that the opposing pitchers think it's okay to throw crappy pitches over the plate to him. That's when he hits 'em.

AboveAverage said...

18

The Hammer of God said...

Hey, that's a lot better than a loss!

ranger_lp said...

Was anyone aware that Chris Sale got ejected before the start of the game?

AboveAverage said...

Because Grisham is such a bad lead off hitter ?

AboveAverage said...

That umpire is an ass so I guess Sale let him know that

The Hammer of God said...

Yeah, Sale got his money's worth for the balk call yesterday. Must've been stewing over it all night long.

ranger_lp said...

I know it’s a stretch but….no

HoraceClarke66 said...

I think he was still mad about the balk call. But no one understands the balk rule...and no one ever should.

ranger_lp said...

Ya think? LOL

The Hammer of God said...

Once again, the bastards can't score. Extra innings again today!

The Hammer of God said...

Fucking bastards. This is really gettin' old. How are they going to blow it today?

The Hammer of God said...

And there goeth the game!

The Hammer of God said...

Only Q now is if they can hold it at a 2-1 deficit and have a half ass chance in the 10th.

The Hammer of God said...

The Native American Warriors just did something the Yankees are utterly incapable of doing: hitting a single with a man in scoring position, with the runner actually scoring.

BTR999 said...

Absolute failure by Jones in not moving the runner over. That is how you lose in extra innings

HoraceClarke66 said...

Awful at-bat from McMahon. What a surprise.

The Hammer of God said...

Well, it wasn't exactly a scalping, but a loss is a loss.

Hinkey Haines said...

Yankee have written the book on that subject…

BTR999 said...

Complete failure .in x innings.
Again.

boone: “who cares? We won the first two games. Good enough…”

AboveAverage said...

“Allz it takes (sadly) is one run“

JM said...

Pfft.

The Hammer of God said...

And once again, the Battlin' Bronx Bastards prove beyond any doubt that they are the worst clutch hitting team in the majors. Absolute worst at getting a hit with a man in scoring position. I don't care what the stats say. I think these guys are the worst. They really don't have a prayer.

The Hammer of God said...

I knew they were going to mail this one in!

BTR999 said...

I see what you did there