Is Cashman desperate enough to let him?
Bench fucking Helios, or just give him his release. What a dumb trade, in a series of incredibly dumb trades. Bring back the Martian. At worst, it's a wash, and we don't have to see Helios' shitty beard anymore.
Let Rice play first. Garcia can DH until Judge or Stanton or both come back, then bench the guy. I'm tired of seeing his shitty beard, too. It turns out, he can't hit here. He hit pretty well somewhere else, but somewhere else is not here. Putting Rice back on the field might help him snap out of his incredibly bad funk, too.
Boone says he wants to "shake up" the lineup. Great. Put Jones in center, put Jazz in the toilet, put Grisham in right and bat him ninth. Cantrun II also can't hit.
Luis Gil has started pitching again, in High A. He might be a useful bullpen lugnut in a couple/few weeks. (Hard to believe he was Rookie of the Year just two years ago.)
Give Tim Hill a fucking rest already. The guy's arm is falling off and you can see it in real time. Boone is an idiot. Matchups, my ass. Just use someone who can do the job and isn't running on fumes.
And let's get rid of the shitty beards all the way around. Devin Williams is gone. Pee Wee was right.
14 comments:
Guess I should shave my beard off then…..
Boone should resign if he really wants to shake things up.
The Dream is Over.
Boone doesn't get desperate. He doesn't get even. He gets sleepy.
I ain't got no problem taking a lawn mower to these ridiculous beards.
That time Tampa Bay got to the World Series, one of the Tampons tried to steal home plate. He got thrown out by one inch. No exaggeration here. Replay showed he was out by one fucking inch. You know he had a beard the size of a pizza box? Without that beard, I think he would have been safe.
Drag, caused by air resistance. It's like running with a fucking parachute. Physics, biomechanics, aerodynamics. Amazing that these bozos do stuff like sliding headfirst or swinging torpedo bats because they think it will give them a slight edge in performance. Yet, they run around with pizza boxes wrapped around their faces. Do they know that swimmers shave their entire bodies, including the tiny hairs on their arms and legs, just to shave off .0001 second off their lap times? Apparently, competitive swimmers are much more intelligent than ballplayers. Well, we've all known that most ballplayers are not very bright.
They say Cashman got Heliot Ramos to hit lefties. Uh, The Martian was hitting lefties (.279 BA, .744 OPS against them). We shoulda got someone to hit righties, no?
Anyways, as long as we're going to suck, might as well suck whilst trying to develop our own young players. Why do we bring in players from elsewhere just to watch 'em suck here? Definitely a Cashman thing.
El Duque - Every suggestion you made x1000
Trent Grisham finally got hot, but I doubt he'll stay that way for long. He certainly won't get the hits when they count. And he still plays centerfield like he's dragging a boat anchor. But Cashman loves this guy. Watch him re-sign Grisham to a seven year deal. Maybe they can "structure" the deal to benefit the club, a la Shohei Ohtani: a one thousand year contract, with Grisham getting paid 2 mil per year, for 1000 years. (Upon his death, his heirs will continue to receive the payments.)
JM - Sorry I meant every suggestion YOU made X1000. And because I feel bad that I didn't check who wrote it I'm going to give you ANOTHER X1000 for a total of X2000!
El Duque I'm going to let you keep you X1000 because as the old joke goes. You're right too.
But just think if the guy grew his beard another foot. Kinda like Bin Laden's beard. He would have been safe by 11 inches!
No one is quitting. No one is being fired. No one even seems particularly distressed.
Once again: not a good-faith effort. Ramos, hitting .063, can't bother running out a roundball (that the shortstop ended up bobbling)? Jazz—yet again—can't get a ball out of his glove? Does he have a lollipop he's working hidden in there? Is that what's making it stick?
In the 60 years I've been following the game, I've seen bad Yankees teams before. I've just never seen one this shameful.
As JM so often and so correctly points out, Boone is an idiot.
Kept in place by the sycophant Ca$hole.
We are the collateral damage.
Problem is, we’d just get a boone clone replacement. Ownership, their pants bulging with tax-free loans, is completely indifferent to the on-field product.
It's sad, really.
All good ideas, JM. But the chances of Boone embarrassing Cashman ( by benching or cutting Heliot ) are the same as a certain CEO resigning his post for the " good of the team. "
Post a Comment