Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, June 11, 2017

" Let me tell you this, about criticism and all: Every single day of my life, I’m so lucky. … Everyone wants to be regarded for their work. Every single day of my life someone tells me how great it is to listen to me, thanks me for broadcasting the games, blah blah blah blah blah. Every single day someone comes up to me — which I obviously appreciate very much. That’s why the criticism doesn’t bother me. I get so much love from the public. They treat me with great respect everywhere I go. I was doing Christmas shopping in a mall one day, and a car drove up, I was standing there outside one of the stores in this strip mall. A guy rolled down the window, and yelled, “Bern, Baby, Bern! You’re the reason the Yankees are great.” How would you love that, OK?"

The Master reflects on 30 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always, and will always – turn down the yes network volume, turn down ESPN coverage volume, turn down fox coverage – to listen to the one and only true voice of the New York Yankees. I have even come to appreciate and yes even love Susan. Their mom and Pa kettle act is truly something to be a behold. Those who criticize it will not know what you're missing until these two wonders of broadcasting are gone and we have to settle for some type a mediocre generic stat belching hack to take over our airwaves, to fill our ears and our minds with the blandness that is mediocrity personified. LONG LIVE THE MASTER AND HIS TRUSTY PARTNER. John Sterling the master the true voice of the New York Yankees.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

I don't like the implied backstory of the questioners questions... that John is fighting a wave of criticism. He only gets love from me. I'd send him an email saying so but... what a fucking maroon! get a computer!

Anonymous said...

THAT, MY FRIEND, IS WHAT MAKES THE MASTER, PRECIOUS.
....AND I'M NOT KIDDING.

SADLOVE said...

John Sterling the master the true voice of the New York Yankees.
goldenslot
gclub online

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.