Saturday, June 17, 2017

Four Losses And Counting......

I gave up on this game when we were up by three runs.

Seriously.

I got a text from Mustang asking, " how had we been granted a three run lead?"

I turned the game back on ( thinking it is my watching and/or taping that is killing them ) to see we were up 5-4.

I knew that was not enough.

I knew it was over at that moment.

And I sent a text to Mustang and Duque, but they were both incommunicado.

Up 6-4,  I watched Chasen Shreve walk a guy.

I turned off the tv.  We were done.  That walk was going to kill us.

I see Mason Williams flag at a pitch.  He is going to do nothing.  He doesn't.

I checked in again and we're down one, going into the ninth.

Not to hard to figure what was going to happen then.

Cue the post game show.

We do not have an ace.

We do not have a team that is going anywhere.

I already have a headache from the scorpions.

Today, I am going with a line of flavored martinis.

We'll be out of first place, this time tomorrow.


2 comments:

DutchFan said...

This might do it for tonight.

• 2 oz genever gin (Bols Genever(we say jenever) was used - also called Dutch gin)
• 1/2 oz dry vermouth
• 1 dash orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist

Assembly: Stir with plenty of cracked and non-cracked ice for at least 45 seconds to a minute. Add in additional cracked ice as needed and stir for an additional minute or more. Strain the mixture into the serving glass, garnish and serve up.

Looking back the best part of yesterday was the 5th inning poem by the Master.

It turns out that at a certain points tight games lose their appeal. If you come up short all the time that is.

DutchFan said...

It is so hard to comprehend, especially when you are a foreigner. Luckily there is this blog full of knowledge, wit and insight that can help me.

For I am lost.

So you have Hicks and Sanchez (two good hitters) not in the lineup. The game you play is sort of important, because you want to snap a three game losing streak. And what you do then is you take out Gardner and Gregorius. Because the 10 games under .500 Athletics (I do like their uniform, really) have an ace lefthander on the mound. And we all know both Gardner and Mariekson can’t hit lefty’s, right?

Okay, so you are 4 behind after 2 and all of a sudden it turns out this lefthander is hittable. At that moment you still do not decide to play Gardner and Gregorius, but stick with Williams, Brigadoon and Carter. The latter did not have his best night.

Then in the 7th you bring in Shreve.
Obviously you do not want to have him throw another inning, so in comes Holder.
And you lose the game.

Yes, I am lost.