Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Yanks' One Game Win Streak Comes To An End



The Yankees had their hot streak, " cut off at the knees," today, wasting a great effort by Luis and a dog shit effort by Tyler Clippard.

Today, the Blue Hens ( Dicks, Jays, what is the difference?) hit all the home runs and we struck out about 80 times.

I think this is about our 8th straight one game win streak that has ended ignominiously.  We are back in that pattern where 2 runs is our limit.  Like fishing in Minnesota.  You can keep two, but you have to throw the rest back.

I got excited yesterday, when we exploded in the eight inning, and looked to be on a roll.

Then, today arrived.  Nothing nothing nothing.  And when nothing appears, it tends to hang around.  It tends to spread.

I maintain;  there is no point watching, because nothing happens.  Unless, that is, you enjoy watching our guys strike out, as though they were hitting on the slot machines.

Useless and hopeless.

And soon, those optimists out there won't be able to kick back and say, " Hey, it's June, and we are still in first place."

When did we last win a series?  In what month?  Was it April?

Time to drink this fuc**r away.  Time to inhale deeply from some hooka.

When the Yankees lose, the world stinks.

I will be hung over before it is time to sleep.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAD A DRUNKEN WEDDING LAST NIGHT...... HUNGOVER ALL DAY TODAY (ALTHOUGH I'VE HAD WAY WORSE)..... WATCHED THE WHOLE "PINEAPPLE" FINALE TODAY..... PROBLEM IS I DIDN'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO YELL AT THE SCREEN, OR PUNCH MY RECLINER, AS USUAL...NO STRENGTH.....I HAD TO JUST HAD TAKE THE PINEAPPLE WITHOUT RESISTING..... KINDA LIKE GOING UP AGAINST 2 BUBBA'S IN A JAIL CELL.

I HATE THE BLUE JAYS.

METS LOST.

Parson Tom said...

that pineapple hurt me bad. can't sit.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Another ride on the Pineapple Express!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.