Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Time For Q & A.....

Duque's post begs the questions, so I shall answer them.

1.  Austin may or may not have tweaked a gonad.  In any case, he is slow as Holliday, not a natural first baseman, and can't hit a lick.  Color him gone.

2.  Refsnyder is here only because Aaron Judge likes to kid with him on the bench.  Color him gone.

3. In the list of emerging rookie (or young ) talent, Duque always forgets one Jordan Montgomery.  Check out his last 5 Yankee starts, and color him our ace ( scary ).

4.  Bird will not be back.  Color him Nick Johnson.  This guy is a plague and will require the Yankees to make a trade we do not want to make.

5.  Holliday may have something far worse than a DL stint.  Let's hope not.  He is an important Yankee.  You will notice that our offense pretty much groaned and stopped when he became unavailable.

6.  We have to hope for Wade and Anjuhar.  If we get lucky, some contender will be in desperate need of a veteran third baseman soon.  But to have both of these guys succeed right away is what is called, " a big ask."

7.  I like this dude, Domingo German.  He reminds me of Severino.

8.  I don't think Chappo will ever be as good as he once was.  I think that stint on the DL was a harbinger of future ills.

9.  There is too much ineffective baggage in our bullpen.  It starts with Clippard, but too many of those guys are lemons, awaiting final disposal.

10.  I like ( or have hopes for ) the new lefty who walked two straight the other night, but got out of the inning unscathed.  Mostly, I like him because he is not " them" ( Holder, Shreve, Clippard, etc. )

The good news is:  it does appear the Yankees are committed to youth and to our own " system " players.  The main problem is Greg Bird.  The horror that he represents to our future, means we will give up a lot to put some reliable first baseman into our line-up.  Very likely, it will be that White Sox guy.


4 comments:

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...


Re: BRIGADOON

Don't overlook the fact that he is an adoptee -- and so is Judge. This might be the kind of thing that brings people together, no matter their "star power."

Leinstery said...

Bird is quickly heading down the lane of "what could have been"

Anonymous said...

LAST YEAR EL DUQUE MARKED AARON JUDGE AS OUR "MOST IMPORTANT" YANKEE OF THE FUTURE.

THAT TITLE HAS NOW GONE TO GREG BIRD.

HE IS OUR SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT YANKEE OF THE FUTURE..... WE HOPE.....OH, HOW WE HOPE.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.