Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

And now for something different...

My sons, Hart and Kyle, are in a rock'n'roll band called Sheer Mag. Visitors to this site already know them from long ago - mangy adolescents - as "The Deadly Spinners," creators of "The WinWarble Song."  

Their music has been described as "eighties power-pop garage punk skuzz," though some people like to call it "Dad Rock." (I prefer that, as well.) 

Today - on strategic off-day from the Yankees - they have released a single. Take a listen.  

5 comments:

DutchFan said...

My associations were
Boston - Heart - Oasis in that order
Could get a feel for this;
I did buy Boston and Oasis..........

el duque said...

Astute comparisons. For fun, they have played in a Boston cover band.

Alphonso said...

Isn't this a bit like Trump announcing his new Moscow Hotel in a press conference on the subject of firing the FBI leader?

Nonetheless, they are great. They are talented as hell.

And I couldn't hit a curve. Actually, it was a sinker.

Congratulations.

Buhner's Ghost said...

Sure beats Robert Merrill singing God Bless America. Which Yankee will use it as his walk-up song?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.