Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, May 21, 2017

There Is Nothing To watch !

For the last several games, I have been ranting that there is no reason to watch the Yankees.

They never do anything.

They just strike out.

Today, for example ( though the Yanks are temporarily in the lead, due to a 2 run HR by Gardner, some good defense, and CC not yet getting lit up ), the Yankees have had 12 outs ( 4 innings
of play ).

They have had 10 strikeouts.  Two each, for five guys.

So when I say there is nothing to watch, it has meaning.  Watching 10 strikeouts in 4 innings is like watching first time little leaguers who can't make contact with a ball sitting on an elevated tee.

I mean;  it is pathetic.

 They lunge at pitches out of the zone, and watch the fastball down the middle. Most of the Yankees don't make contact of any kind during their at bat.  Just air moving.

There is nothing to watch.

Nothing.

It is maddening.  What kind of game is this?

I would rather watch a chess match in the park.

10 comments:

Leinstery said...

They might strike out 50 times today. This is nauseating.

Leinstery said...

Has a right handed batter even put the ball in play today?

DutchFan said...

Disgusting win

Anonymous said...

AGREED....THE STRIKEOUTS ARE OUT OF CONTROL....AND THEY SEEM TO BE CONTAGIOUS TOO.

Leinstery said...

I will say this, Randy Levine finally did something to help this team. Before you clutch your chests' and fall out of your chairs hear me out. Randy Levine has single-handedly resurrected a limp and dying Dellin Betances. If this was the Dellin of last year, he blows that save 100%. But ever since the savior of the Yankees bullpen, our president Randy Levine, Betances has been lights out. So thank you Mr. Levine. May your reign of enlightened terror go on indefinitely.

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...

If you didn't watch, you missed the Judge catch.

I guess that's not terrible, he might do it again.

But beyond being really great to watch, it did save the game!

As a lifelong Yankees' fan, I need to add: Please give me ALL of the "disgusting wins" we can amass.

JM said...

I'll take it.

Anonymous said...

I WAS IN THE CAR.....ON THE JUDGE CATCH, THE MASTER SAYS,

"FLY BALL TO RIGHT FIELD,
IT'S NEAR THE TRACK....(SILENCE FOR A SECOND)
WOWWWW....OH, WOWWW!" .....(I STILL HAD NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED, NOR DID ANYBODY).

THERE'S ONLY ONE MASTER.
I STILL LOVE HIM.

KD said...

when Judge can't beat 'em with his bat, he beats 'em with his glove!!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.