Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Fan of the Week


13bit said...
I lost my drinking privileges a long time ago. They do let me out once in a while to see a patch of sky near a corner of the yard. That being said, I don't miss it. The booze stopped working and it certainly would not have helped with the current incarnation of Alligator Arms and his Traveling Pinheads. Heroin and crack? Nah, they would not blot out the Yankees of the 21st Century's teenaged years. Where do I find solace? Certainly not in football, our great national disgrace. Nor with basketball. The last Knicks game I attended had Bernard King as a starter. Hockey? Not for me. So much for sports. TV? I only watch when I have a girlfriend, so it's been a long, long time. I bike ride and that helps a bit, except when I get near the Bronx and then the memories flood back in. Sometimes, the loud German couple that moved in above me distracts me with their loud stomping on their floor - my ceiling. That's a distraction, but far from pleasurable. No, the only reliable way to escape this long drought, this "between dynasties" valley, has been that which has worked since I was a young lad - military history, especially gulag and Eastern Front literature. Okay, I'm going to pretend it's snowing out in downtown Manhattan.
May 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Congratulations, 13bit!

8 comments:

Alphonso said...

I wonder what that " godfather " thing tastes like ( the Dutch fan's libation ). I am pretty certain I would be vomiting shortly after consumption and dizziness.

Nonetheless, if it has a JUJuic benefit.......

Can you buy the ingredients in America?

I'm glad to hear his "futbol" team won.

There is little enough joy in mudville these days. I am sure everyone is exchanging tulips.

13bit said...

I am honored, Duque. I will assume the juju position, I will tie myself to the masthead, I will chain myself to the radiator, I will turn towards the rising sun, I will do whatever is in my small powers to placate the juju gods. We need your help, Juju gods...we know you took El Chapo from us for a reason. Let that reason be the path towards endless victory...

13bit said...

and thank you, Mustang...I live in the shadow of giants.

el duque said...

I'm seeing snow in downtown Manhattan.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


I wonder what that " godfather " thing tastes like ( the Dutch fan's libation ).

Funny, I wondered the same thing myself. I tried to picture how it would taste, but I kept coming up empty. Looks like I'll have to wait for some well-meaning houseguest to bring me a bottle of Amaretto to see how a "Godfather" tastes. For some reason, the last few well-meaning houseguests have brought bottles of Galliano which, I'm pretty sure, is Italian for "goat urine".

DutchFan said...

Italy- Disaronno is a versatile spirit featuring an original taste and unmistakable aroma. The recipe, passed down from one generation to the next, dates back to 1525 and continues to be produced by the Reina Family in Saronno, Italy. Enjoy delicious cocktails or on the rocks. 37.99 at Broadway Spirits.

Something like Scotch with an Almond backdrop - kinda sweet - sometimes 3/5 ratio is a little too much. Try 2/5.

DutchFan said...

So maybe I should clarify the drink. I really had a few too many - been celebrating something. Forgot what it was. Something Red and White. And with the Green of the city of Rotterdam.

Anyway.
2 parts DiSaronno (Amaretto) + 4 parts (or 5) Scotch single malt. Lots of ice.

DiSaronno has an Almond taste.

Time for a drink, while I am watching an empty Yankee stadium and a very struggling Severino

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.