Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, May 14, 2017

For Every Time There Is A Season

Those unannounced visits by the trainer to the mound.

A sudden shift in the wind.

The command just a bit off the mark.

The 103 mph fastball, suddenly 97.

Blowing the lead.

Clearly, something was wrong with Chapman.

Alarm bells went off, all around the reed pond.

I was awakened and asked for permission to claim him.

Sorry boys.

The deck shuffles.

The Titanic lists.

Another man down.

7 comments:

Stang said...

Looks like El Chapo pulled a Greg Bird, suffering in silence while tanking the team. Does no one in command watch these players carefully? Alphonso knew about Bird's injury weeks before Cashman did.

el duque said...

Hey, you guys missed the real story.

Brigadoon Refsnyder is getting called up!

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...

At this point, one of the guys going down with something or other is so commonplace that it is not, truly, a Black Swan Event.

You might want to change the graphic to a bunch of pigeons, maybe.

Alphonso said...

I am limited in my repertoire.

Alphonso said...

You are right about the pigeon thing, but I like the drama of over-reacting, gloom and doom.

By the way, El Chappo won't be back to normal in 10 days.

Anonymous said...

BRIGADOOOOOOON IS BACK!!!!
MAYBE JOE G. READ EL DUQUE'S PLEA ABOUT REFSNYDER DOING MORE AT 1B THAN CARTER?
WE HOPE SO.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.