Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, December 8, 2019

What was that sound?


Wait.  I just heard something.

It sounded like something from a radio play, where someone slowly opens a long-closed door.  

Creeeeee-ak.  

Hoo-boy.  That door was heavy.  It hadn't been opened in a long time.

Now I hear the sound of dripping water, as though from the ceiling of a deep cave.

Ahh.  Now, I'm hearing nothing but silence.  Maybe never mind.  

Wait.  

There it is again.

I and a few other careful, attentive listeners are wondering what it all means.  We wonder what's happening and if everything is ok.

That sound creaking sound we heard might just have been the sound of Hal's wallet being openedThe source is no less than the Gray Lady.



What should we do?  Should we look in there?  Will anything come out?

Stay tuned to this blog for our next exciting episode....

11 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Nah. This is just the head fake.

But this is why Coops is kept around: because he's willing to go out and leak HAL's propaganda to the media. 'Oh, yes, we're really chasing him!'

Then, he's with the Angels.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

I have not forgiven the Yankees. We need TWO pitchers so just getting Cole does not get me listening to spring training baseball.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

Plus obviously this is fake news and we’re not getting Cole.

13bit said...

It's like your friends promising you a high-end hooker and then having to go back to the blow-up doll when they say "April Fool's!"

HoraceClarke66 said...

Bitty, I'm not even going to ask.

As for Cole, well, many a tear has to fall but it's all in the game...

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...


I have been told there are visual effects known as Mirages.

I believe now there is an audio counterpart.....

13bit said...

All purely hypothetical, Hoss.

I am a monk, apparently, whether I like it or not.

13bit said...

https://images.esellerpro.com/2466/I/619/17/lrgscaleC00%20735.jpg

JM said...

If there are no moths appearing, Hal's wallet is not yet open.

Hey, bitty...what a doll!

Nyuk nyuk.

TheWinWarblist said...

That empty wallet looks more enticing than my old shriveled genitals.

It looks moister too.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.