Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Virtual Baseball: Breakdown in Birdland! Yanks Drop First to Baltimore in Almost Two Years, Fall Back into First Place Tie.

Virtual Deivi Garcia's brilliant debut as a Yankee hit a speed bump in Baltimore this Labor Day afternoon, as a couple of butchered balls at first base and a pair of timely hits by royal family member Sir Ryan Mountcastle enabled the O's to grab some final scrap of pride and beat New York, 5-3.

Deivi often looked sharp, striking out 10 in 5 innings of work, but he was betrayed by his defense and by a Yankees lineup that was looking for pitches in all the wrong places.

Voit partially redeemed himself with a long, solo home run—as did Miguel Andujar and Clint Frazier—but again and again, the Bombers' navigation system went haywire with men on base, as they stranded 14 runners.

The loss dropped New York back into a tie for first with the wretched Rays, but manager Ma Boone seemed unconcerned.

"Ah, you guys know me.  Why, you could set off a bomb in here and I wouldn't get excited.  I like to keep things calm and steady.  To understand how the long season demands a level temperament.  To never get too high or too low ZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."

As Boone's head fell on his desk and he drifted into a deep sleep, the New York press corps tucked his manager's jacket up over his shoulders and left a note saying to wake him in time for the Amtrak back home, before tiptoeing out the door and shushing the players in the clubhouse.

2 comments:

Riajengenelen said...

Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..or Whatsapp +1 562 384 7738

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.