Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Letter to the Editor: "Hallowed ground?"


Staten Island Advance (New York)
May 16, 2009 Saturday

Dear Editor,

On May 3, I attended a Yankee game at the new Stadium. Unfortunately, it was rained out, but I still had a chance to see the new ballpark. Yes it was spectacular - great food courts, great Diamond Vision, the field looked great, etc.

However, when I came out of the tunnel to get to my seat, I didn't get the feeling when I went into the old ballpark. That feeling that I was somewhere sacred, where I still felt the little boy in me when I attended games with my father and brother.

It's been said a hundred times over that the old Yankee Stadium was known as the "hallowed ground."

So how could you tear down something so sacred? So change is not always for the best.
BOBBY GENOVESE
HUGUENOT

No comments: