Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, January 5, 2015

10 Reasons Chris Christie is a Dallas Cowboys fan

1. He's loves being compared to Gov. Rick Perry.

2. Living in Jersey, he loathes Giants and Eagles fans.

3. Long-time dieting companion of Nate Newton.

4. Hey, when listening to Springsteen, how do you not think of Dallas?

5. Barely 300 days until Texas GOP primary.

6. A Cowboy won't get pissy just 'cause somebody closed a traffic lane.

7. Everything's bigger in Texas, including waistlines.

8. Nothing greases a Presidential campaign like Big Oil.

9. Jerry Jones knows how to meet neat girls.

10. It's still the town that got JFK.

5 comments:

Blind Robin said...

Quote attributed to Christie: "I was a big fan when I was your age," he said. "I was a big fan of Roger Staubach, who was the quarterback for the Cowboys back then. The Giants and the Jets pretty much stunk when I was a kid and my father was a Giants fan. I used to remember watching him when I was eight, nine years old and every Sunday he would watch the Giants and yell at the TV set. I used to think to myself, 'Why would I want to root for a team that makes you angry?'"

I'm Bill White said...

I'm pretty sure that Christie's red sweater is made by the same brand that gave us A-Rod's blue sweater from the Gammons interview.

Great sweaters.

joe de pastry said...

I can't stand Christie, but your number 10 is offensive.

el duque said...

Yeah, I wondered about that. Sorry it rubs the wrong way. But it's been fifty years.

Hermodorus said...

As both a Yankees and Cowboys fan, I've been following this with interest; I'd recommend others look into the nexus that ties together Jerry Jones, the Steinbrenners/Randy Levine, new WTC, no-bid contracts and Chris Christie.

These are all very despicable people.

Of the bunch, Jerry Jones is by far the most likable.