Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

"You know, we can all relate to having our own safe existence, and what it could mean if that’s taken away. At least I know I’m safe tonight. I don’t have a toothbrush, but I’m safe.”

... And secure.

And you can keep your family safe and secure... with New York Life.

(Sorry. Too soon, I know. Can't help myself.)

Thoughts are with The Master today. He lost everything but the shirt on his back.


8 comments:

KD said...

Carry on, John Sterling. We love you!

Rollo Tomasi said...

You know, you can't predict fires, Susan. They're not like other disasters.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, it is hot, Hmmm it is burned, hmmm it is... gone.

I'm glad he was not injured. Lord knows what memorabilia was lost.

Anonymous said...

No one has gone with "Bern baby bern" yet?

JM said...

I can only hope he was insured. You know, 15 minutes can save you 15% on your car insurance.

Leinstery said...

I did go with "BERRRNNNNN BABBBYY BERN!!!" But it was from my iPhone and it didn't go through :(

I guess I'll have to go with the bastard child call "MY house is Vernon."

Well that sucked and now I just feel sad.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


Now he'll have to move to the Hebrew Home in Riverdale.

Fortunately, he's visited!

Suzyn's Bitch said...

"(Sorry. Too soon, I know. Can't help myself.)"

Never too soon, Hart. Never!