Monday, January 12, 2015

How did Steiner Collectibles miss this?

(Via Reddit) This is being sold on Craigslist.


Says the seller:

Derek was giving and generous and I've charished this basket for more than a decade. After I removed all the luxury items it's been used to hold towels and fresh rolls of toilet paper. This item is sold as is where is. I don't have a c.o.a. but can describe every inch of Derek as a way of proof if needed.

Basically, I think the $1,950 gets you the description. 

5 comments:

KD said...

Given Derek's acumen with the ladies, this is surely too common an item to warrant so much dough.

Consider also that there's a sucker born every minute. Given Derek's level of fame and fortune, there's probably 5 or 10 born every minute that'd be up to the task. I think The Captain probably gave baskets out to almost all of them.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


Dear Seller:

Before I consider plunking down $1,950, please let me know: Did his performance feature a sort of inside-out Jeterian stroke?

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^

Congrats IIH, IIF, IIc - the greatest comment in the history of the interwebs was just left on this web blog at 11:49 am

I am still laughing. Well played, Jerk, well played

Stang said...

Local Bargain Jerk, you win the gift basket.

JM said...

Jeter has scoffed at the very idea that he would give gift baskets, that it was ridiculous, absurd and preposterous.

Which means Local Bargain Jerk has himself something worth a pret-ty penny here.