Monday, February 28, 2022

Gee, I wonder who will bat leadoff for this Yankee ballclub?

What about Luke Voit? Think he could bat first? Jeepers, criminey, I dunno! I don't think it'd be Luke. But it could be! Then again, it probably wouldn't be. Yowzer! This is some great winter fan blogger baseball talk, eh! We got a hot one going. Maybe an actual Yankee will see this and say, "Lookit this, fuck me!" ! Wait... ya know what? More I think about it, the more I donno about Luke batting first! It's a big maybe.  Oooh, oooh, jumpin' Jehozivat! I just thought a something: What about DJ...? 

Yeah, they expect us to bleat, to carry their water, their buckets of piss.

Today, the owners and the union will meet. From the sound of things, Ukraine has a better chance of settling with President Beady Eyes. 

It looks as though Opening Day will be postponed. The 2022 season will shrink, the playoffs will expand, and jerseys will become commercial billboards. Maybe they can make up for the lost revenues by adding more in-game radio ads for John and Suzyn!  

The 2022 Yankees can probably finish .500 and qualify for the playoffs. That really makes the regular season important, eh? 

So... Luke Voit! Ya think he could have a big year? He sure could! Then again, he might not. But he could. Jeepers criminey! This is exciting...

13 comments:

Dantes said...

Don’t worry, when the regular season begins in June we can all have fun bitching about Booney having Hicks batting lead off.

JM said...

I vaguely remember this Hicks guy. Didn't he have a band with the Hot Licks?

ZacharyA said...

Andrelton Simmons will be our leadoff hitter

Doug K. said...

JM,

Dan Hicks on today's negotiation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBPUEXQj9c

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9-FOLG-iA

DickAllen said...



Dantes brings up an idea that I hadn’t considered: I have not had a bad thought about Booooooone in nearly six months. Not have I had to avoid his hang dog face and all that monotone bullshit on a daily basis

What a relief. With any luck there will be no season and my peace of mind and Serenity will continue to expand.

Carl J. Weitz said...

My guess is that Hal Steinbrenner will pay a Santerian Voodoo doctor to channel Oludamare and reanimate the corpse of Lou Brock to bat leadoff. Because it's cheaper and will help keep him under whatever the tax threshold develops under the eventual new agreement.

Carl J. Weitz said...

I think I saw that ritual watching one El Duque's Lockout Theater videos.

ZacharyA said...

Jeter is out as Marlins CEO. Didn't expect that.

He says, "the vision for the future of the franchise is different than than the one I signed up to lead."

Very curious what happened here.

Maybe after five years of rebuilding he wanted the Marlins to push aggressively for players in free agency and the ownership group doesn't want to spend.

BTR999 said...

RE: Jeter, I think Zach’s got it right. Can’t imagine the Marlins told him they were going all in and he said, “Winning? Count me out!”
More likely he grew disillusioned with the team’s principal owners, and I’d surmise he detested the lockout, though he could not say
so publicly.

As far as I’m concerned, you’re welcome home anytime old friend!


TheWinWarblist said...

Brian Downing hit lead-off as a DH in the later part of his career with the Angels. He could not run at that point, but his career OBP was .370. He could no longer run at that point, but he had enough power to put himself in scoring position with extra basehits. A thoroughly professional hitter.

EDB said...

El Duque:
Need you ask? Barren Hicks until he is injured and the then the return of Brett Gardner.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Nix Hix Fix Stix, Dix!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Meanwhile, Dr. Odu was on Sixty Minutes the other night, complaining about the lockout.

"Look, I can cure everything from cancer to leprosy with my potions and mind control, and I can even give you a 15-inch cock. But the baseball owners? I can't do a thing about those assholes."