Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Whitehot Controversy Rages Over Naked Blog Comments

From "Pinstripe Bleeding Purist" Czar Rebecca, regarding an unprovoked recent attack by Shamus, IIH Executive Attack Editor:

"I saw your post lampooning Sam I Am, and while I have to say that his post on LoHud was fairly painful reading, I was a little offended at the insinuation that I have no life.

"I know it's not a big deal or anything...just a point of pride for me. I'm a full time grad student, and like most students, I procrastinate when I can.

"Actually, being a grad student kind of means I have no life, doesn't it?

"Ah, well, I tried.
Other than that, I love your blog."

Rebecca runs This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes, "the blog of a girl who somehow has found a way to balance being a baseball purist with being a New York Yankees fan."

She overlooks the truth: No Yankee blogger has a life. Nor does he or she desire one. What we crave is only that precious, life-validating keepsake known as The World Series Ring.

Still, she has a great blog. Go there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I hope you all appreciate the use of the word "naked" to lure you into this post.

We hope to do more of this in 2009.

Yankee Shamus said...

Of course, all in all, it was just a joke.

I did not mean to offend Rebecca in any way with the joke that her, SJ44, or any other Lohudders I mentioned are on Lohud for, as I put it, 'life support'.

Put it this way, Rebecca: You are a GRAD STUDENT. Who RUNS a blog and loves the Yankees.

I am a BARTENDER, with three years of an UNFINISHED undergrad in pre-law, who CONTRIBUTES (and poorly, at that) to a blog, and love the Yankees.

Point awarded to you, game, set, match!

At least we both love the Yankees!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute.

You're the Attack Editor.

Good grief, man. How are you going to make it as an Attack Editor if you take back your attacks?

Yeeeeesh. WE GOT A PROBLEM.

Yankee Shamus said...

Just trying to make the gal feel better!

Shit -- I have no problem making grown men cry, but ladies?

My momma would smack me if she heard about this !

Anonymous said...

Fine, screw you Becca !

And your secondary education as well!

E=MC2 my ass !

Rebecca said...

That was brilliant!

You guys rock.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca is a grad student? I havent heard that before.

Oh wait yes I have. In every single comments section on that blog.

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,

As a former executive of Lehman Brothers it makes sense that you should now be in graduate school.

It is necessary to refashion the career objectives of all former investment bankers.

Perhaps, through your commitment to higher education, you can help our country grow food.

Or devise a new "Values At Risk " model.

Or develop a tequila whose impact is more "impactful."

Or create an anti-Red Sock dust.

Rebecca said...

...I haven't laughed that hard in ages.