Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Shouldering On



"All I said to Suarez was that I hadn't had a bite since breakfast."

"He's mental AND dental!"

"We told you to feed the bastard before the match!"

"How can I wear my new strapless gown to the wrap party now?"

"Just tell me, Martinez, does he have rabies or not?"

"First he whispered, 'Can you still hear the lambs, Clarice?'"

"I don't know if Ur-a-guay, but I think Suarez is a little light in the cleats."

5 comments:

joe de pastry said...

Soccer is stupid and even more boring than the 2014 Yankees.

Local Bargain Jerk said...

Another fine post from John M.

"How can I wear my new strapless gown to the wrap party now?"

Why, a-huck, a-huck, a-huck! You sure are a clever rascal, there, John M. How do you think these them thar things up? Shoot, you never know what that John M's gonna say next! Boy howdy!

Strapless gown. Killer material!

Anonymous said...

"I don't know if Ur-a-guay, but I think Suarez is a little light in the cleats."

So for humor now, we're resorting to gay jokes? The fact he's writing about some random FIFA soccer game is bad enough.... But now he's making anti-homosexual jokes and innuendos?

Farewell IIH.... Hopefully, when the bigot in his 50's/60's stops writing for this site sooner than later, I will return.

Duque. Alphonso. Mustang. BBBern. You are all epic writers loaded with insight and talent. John M. you are terrible. Absolutely terrible.

And your comments tonight, while a sad attempt to be funny - in a late '80's sitcom kind of way - show your true colors. You should be ashamed Mariani....



Anonymous #7 signing off
#banjohnm

KD said...

so, anonymous, you're leaving us just because you don't like John M? why not just stop reading his posts?

Ken of Brooklyn said...

I've managed to avoid most of FIFA but somehow this story is everywhere I turn today. Seems Suarez has had a long history of dental infractions, what a psycho!