Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Twins Provide Fodder And False Hope



As the Yankees notched their third straight win yesterday, the team is officially on the cusp of their third best winning streak of the season.

 If this pattern of outrageous success continues ( see prediction of June 16th at 3:34pm ), the Yankees will today extend their positive progress to one game over .500.

Three wins in a row is not yet four, but it can become four ( the predicted number of sequential victories ), and it is way better than two.

Some will say:  it has a lot to do with playing the Twins who are, " the 2016 Yankees, only worse." They have Joe Mauer playing first base ( we have the tandem of Ike and Rob ).  Joe is the age of Carlos Beltran, only he is more battered after so many years of being an all star catcher.  It is his contract that keeps him here.  Plus, he is beloved as the Twin Cities best athlete ever.

The young guys ( Twin prospects) are not breaking through.  The team occasionally get a good pitching effort.  The farm system has, thus far, grown mostly bean sprouts. I don't know if their GM rappels down buildings.

But the The Twins make the Yankees believe they can be a .500 club, and stay in that one game play-in race.  Today, we'll see which way it goes.

I predicted this would be our third best run of the season ( it already is). But four in a row was what I said.  And my pride and professional standing depends upon a sweep.

It is the Twins.

Ho hum.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M CALLING MY BOOKIE, AND TAKING EVO TO THE HOUSE!...HE IS DUE!...WE ARE WINNING TODAY!..... ALPHONSO TO THE BANK!!!

Anonymous said...

But Girardi stated that they are not playing for a wild card, but rather for their 28th world championship.
Does anyone know where Girardi can obtain proper psychiatric help???

joe de pastry said...

Mauer OBP .379, SLG .407, OPS .786
How many Yankees are better?

Unknown said...

This is a side note, but I'm looking for an audio clip of John Sterling saying "It is high, it is far, it is...caught at the wall" to make into my dad's ringtone. He asked me to do this for him for Father's Day, but I've had absolutely no luck finding this particular clip from Google searches. I'm not looking for his A Rod screw up, which has popped up a bunch, I want to find his more pedestrian "Oh, I just overhyped that routine fly ball" kind of call. Anyone have any suggestions? Particularly site admins who have used this call to name your site?

Austria's Only Baseball Fan said...

Dan Wesche: try listening to the calls at 1:45 and 3:46 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIUr_RKzgkQ

Neither is exactly what you are looking for, but they are close. Listen to the entire post, as there are some other calls which come close. It's easy to download from YouTube to .mp3 format and edit on your computer to get exactly what you want. Good luck!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.