Friday, June 24, 2016
Posted by Alphonso at 7:49 AM
And they have, this morning, announced the results of their national referendum to exit the European Union. They voted to split. England is out, or about to be, of the European Union.
That doesn't mean they are aligning with the Soviet Union ( oops, I mean Russia ), it simply means they don't wish to any longer take instructions from Brussels.
Will they stop playing cricket? I don't think so. Will their food choices worsen? Not as long as there remain chefs of Asian extract in the homeland.
Accordingly, I think Yankee fans should consider a referendum to have the Yankees exit the American League.
This would help us in numerous ways;
1. We get to keep the famous Yankee name, but no longer have to listen to the President of the American League.
2. We get all new umpires.
3. Our pitchers are better hitters than they are pitchers, and they will get more at bats.
4. Records will revert to a new beginning, so instead of being at .500 we can start over at 0-0.
5. Hal ( " I'm not cheap") Steinbrenner gets another chance to prove it.
6. We save a fortune on fat, old, slow DH's.
7. Bunting and pinch-hitting become recovered arts.
8. Injuries will be reduced as fewer of our batters ( Tex? ) will get hit, because pitchers have to have at bats.
9. We get to play the Padres more.
10. Maybe the baseball commissioner, who will be against our exit, will have to step down.
Hey, if it doesn't work, we can always play cricket.