Monday, September 2, 2019

90!

Well, no need to tell you guys that, on cue, my block exploded in celebration yesterday when Ford hit that ball into the high cotton.

90 wins!  What an accomplishment—and of course everybody on my street knew what it meant:  63, 90-win seasons for your New York Yankees, including a record 12 straight from 1947-1958.

Well, hey, it's quite a Yankees street.

Nobody else comes close.  The Dodgers are about to move into the No. 2 spot, edging past the Giants with 42—but then, both those franchises have a good 20-years start on the Yanks.  Nobody in the AL has more than 32.

63 seasons with three-months' worth of wins.  Not too shabby.

Just trying to keep what's important in perspective.


7 comments:

13bit said...

Apropos of nothing here, Hoss, but I don't want to see Stanton return for the playoffs, as a "potential roster" article on MLB's website just speculated. What a fucking disaster it would be to see him striding to the plate, swinging for the seats, focused squarely on his home run count and contributing nothing in the field. He's going to come back to haunt us, like an old floating mine that sits just off the coast, still lethal decades after it was dropped.

JM said...

Raining insanely in NYC. Looks like a rainout theater day.

JM said...

And suddenly, it stops and gets brighter.

T-storms expected off and on all day, though. Maybe we just get a delay, unless the wimps at MLB think the threat of a possible raincloud that may show up sometime later perhaps is a reason to ppd.

ranger_lp said...

@13bit...In Stanton's case, it's more like swinging for the flies and I don't mean fly balls. I could actually picture a Post headline like that.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Yeah, I don't think we're going to get this one in either.

Major bummer. Texas was trounced in a late-afternoon game in Seattle yesterday, then had to fly cross country for this one. You know their asses are dragging. Now they'll be able to grab a night's sleep.

TheWinWarblist said...

Hoss, any more posts like this one and I will bronsky you until you suffocate at next years's stadium meetup.



Fuck you FuckyouHal, you douche!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.